Sabbath School Story
In 1853, only a few years after the first group of Sabbath-keeping Adventists was formed in Washington, New Hampshire, James White organized the first regular Sabbath School in Rochester, New York. In 1852, estimating an informal membership of about 1,000 in the state of New York, White had written a series of 19 lessons appearing in the new Youth’s Instructor.
From its inception Sabbath School has focused on four emphases that are still prominent to this day: fellowship development, community outreach, Bible study, and foreign mission. A solid balance of these elements characterizes the most vital Sabbath Schools around the world.
Based on these four emphases, from its beginning in 1853, Sabbath School membership has exploded from a handful of believers in upstate New York to an estimated 14 million today. Former General Conference President Jan Paulsen has said that Sabbath School is like breakfast. For more than 150 years it has provided the spiritual nourishment that is needed to meet the challenges that arise during the rest of the week.
Ordering Sabbath School Supplies
How to order - List of Supplies and Manuals
To order Sabbath School supplies please send us an email with the following information:
- Home Church
- Mailing Address
- Your Contact Information (including email address)
- Number of supplies that you will need.
We provide the following Sabbath School items (supplies are limited):
- Sabbath School Expense Offering Envelope
- World Budget Sabbath School Offering Envelope
- Sabbath School Missions Offering Envelope
- Sabbath School Adult Class Record (1 Year/each)
- Sabbath School Children’s Class Record (1 Quarter/each)
The following manuals are also available to you:
- Keys for the Investment Secretary
- >Keys to Sabbath School Organization
- Keys for the Sabbath School Secretary
- Keys for the Sabbath School Superintendent
- Keys to Sabbath School Welcoming & Ushering
- Keys for the Adult Sabbath School Teacher
Visit the following links to enhance your Sabbath School experience
- Adult Bible Study Guide: Scope and Sequence
- Advent Source
- Counsels on Sabbath School Work
- Official Sabbath School Mission Resources
- Quarterly Bible Study Resources
- Sabbath School Handbook and Leaflets
- Sabbath School University: This is a weekly half-hour satellite broadcast, first hit the airwaves in early 2001. It was produced at the Adventist Media Center in southern California, but since that time, it has become ever more cosmopolitan in bringing the week’s Sabbath School lesson to today’s audience. It is now hosted on the campus of Andrews University. The discussion is based on the week’s Sabbath School lesson and offers creative approaches to the way in which it may be presented. Guests from all over the world bring a refreshing richness to the program.
- “In Step With Jesus” a Sabbath School Bible study guide for new members
- Sabbath School and Personal Ministries Resources
Adult Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses
Power Points Programs
- ARE 01 Adult SS Teacher
- ARE 04 Developing SS Action Units
Elder Martin Fancher